Hingvastak churna ingredients and benefits
Body toxins, or as in ayurveda known as “ama” gets accumulated due to indigestion of food, which moreover lowers the body immunity and your body becomes more prone to diseases. Hence, the food we eat should be balanced and healthy and digestion process should be at ease.
Although we eat right, we still do end up getting indigestion. Such indigestions can be handled by ayurvedic remedies without as such chemicals or any harm and side effects.
One such really effective remedy is the Hingvastak churna. It relieves indigestion and increases digestion; it helps digest toxins and prevents it from building up or storing inside of the stomach.
What are the uses/benefits of Hingvastak churna?
- It is mainly used for problems related to indigestion (gas, constipation, loose motions, hiccups)
- Ignites digestive fire and burns away toxins and metabolic waste.
- It helps increase absorption of nutrients. And reduce cramps and bloating.
- It’s loose for loss of appetite, low metabolism, obesity.
- It relieves asthma and bronchitis.
- Increases metabolic rate and corrects digestion.
What are the effects of Hingvastak Churna? (Side effects, suggestions, warnings)
- It is a very safe medicine to consume; It is basically a mix of spices and salt. But should be taken in the dosage recommended.
- It may cause acidity and irritation and you may also experience a slight burning sensation, if taken in excess. And not recommended for people suffering from high blood pressure and kidney disorders.
- It does not same result on every other person; it depends on the age, strength, digestive power etc. And dosage also differs depending upon the age… etc.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children. And if giving it to children, only give in small quantities.
- It is highly advised to not take this during pregnancy; it produces excess heat in the heat.
Dosage of Hingvastak churna:
The recommended dosage of medicine is 1-4 grams. It should be mixed with Ghee or Hot water and taken twice or thrice a day before meal depending upon the age, digestive power etc. Or take as directed by doctor.
Ingredients of Hingvastak churna:
This can be prepared at home easily by using ingredients available inside your kitchen or buy it from stores.
- Dry ginger powder – 1 tea spoon
- Long pepper powder (pippali) – 1 tea spoon
- Black pepper powder – 1 tea spoon
- Ajwain or carom seed powder – 1 tea spoon
- Rock salt– 1 tea spoon
- Cumin seedpowder or jeera powder – 1 tea spoon
- Black cumin seed or kala jeera powder – 1 tea spoon
- Pure asafetida powder or hing powder – 1 tea spoon
Mix the above ingredients well. And you’ll have yourself the Hingvastak Churna. This powder can be stored for up to 6 months in a dry and airtight container.
Benefits of Hingvastak churna
Hingvastak churna is an ancient Ayurvedic remedy used for increasing digestion and relieving disturbances in the gut. This digestive aid will decrease unwanted symptoms such as gas, bloating, cramping, hiccups and pain in the abdomen and constipation. Hingvastak is used due to its ability to enhance digestion, increase absorption of nutrients and burn away toxins.