We all have heard about the quote that, ‘a healthy mind resides in a healthy body’ hence it is important that we keep our mind and body healthy. In today’s world, where the competition has increased in every field, there is an urgent need to introduce wellness programs in corporate sectors.
Corporate wellness programs are imperative for mental as well as physical health of your employees. These programs refer to the health benefits that many employers provide in addition to health insurance, to ensure a conducive environment at workplace.
When an employee is happy and healthy, he will perform his daily tasks with all his heart, therefore making the business more productive and profitable. Wellness programs not only help the employees but are beneficial for the company as well. Here are a few ideas that you can use to help improve the health of your employees:
- On-site fitness centres: On-site fitness centres can comprise of a swimming pool, a rock-climbing wall, and access to personal trainers that help the employees to remain physically fit but these programs are suitable for large companies only because it is comparatively expensive for small companies to provide their team members with a 72,000 square foot fitness centre. On the contrary, what small companies can do is sign up with centres nearby, or onboard Aanya as a wellness partner.
- Smoking cessation programs: The employers should encourage their staff to quit smoking as it can cause serious damage to both the health of the employee as well as the company.
- Yoga classes: Many companies offer yoga classes to their employees; it can be held twice a week or once a week. The companies can use their conference or break rooms to provide yoga classes for the employees throughout the workday.
- Lunch and healthy snacks: Many companies add time to the lunch break so that employees can take a walk or go home for a healthy meal as with only 30 minutes they are not able to eat their lunch properly. You can introduce healthy and communal eating programs to encourage interaction between people from different teams.
- Employee assistance programs: Employee assistance is another important factor that contributes to the wellness of an employee. Therefore, employers should provide confidential support for issues like stress, substance abuse, depression, and anxiety.
- Paramedical Services: The employers can offer paramedical services, like massage therapy, to their team members while they’re at work. You can employ massage therapists to give 10-minute upper back and neck massages at work.
- Transit options: You can encourage alternative methods of transportation, such as bike-sharing or public transit incentives, which are beneficial to the workplace and the future of the environment.
Our employees are valuable for us. Therefore, we must focus on their well-being and happiness in the workplace. The corporate wellness programs are not very costly, and hence any organisation can incorporate the wellness program in their workplace for the betterment of the company as well as employees.