As we all combat the current trying scenarios and increased inclusion of sedentary lifestyle habits, the need for a well-structured wellness program is now more than ever. Even organisations including government as well as private corporations have started including corporate wellness programs as part of the perks given to their employees. It’s important because the benefits of a corporate wellness program, not only endow you with a healthy and active working staff, it also intangibly impact on your brand image as well.
There are so many companies that have started helping employees improve their health, leading to a better work-life balance. Employees that are fit and doing well, resulting in lower health insurance costs and fewer sick days, are among many other benefits to the company.
Physical Inactivity and sitting all day long in offices increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, obesity, and other sedentary lifestyle health issues. Therefore, it is important to encourage your employees to implement changes in their lifestyle so that they can easily overcome the ill-effects of a sedentary lifestyle.
According to a survey, a large majority (87 per cent) of employers are committed to workplace wellness, and 73 per cent offer a wellness program.
7 key benefits of a corporate wellness program:
- Lowers health cost– The major advantage of implementing a corporate wellness program is that it results in lower health costs. According to a literature review, the average return on investment of implementing wellness programs in the workplace is 3.27. This means that for every dollar that was spent on the program the company saved $3.27 due to the reduced health care expenditures.
- High Employee Engagement-The organizations that introduce wellness programs to their employees report higher employee engagement. This further benefits the employee to maintain good health. These programs also boost employee’s morale and give reasons to your employees to stay and help your organization remain competitive within the labour market.
- Increased Productivity- It is considered as one of the major benefits of a corporate wellness program. Healthy employees are enthusiastic and they perform their activities with all their heart and this leads to higher employee productivity. The corporate wellness programs make the employees believe that the company cares about them and they feel satisfied during their work hours.
- Improves Brand Image- It helps in improving the brand image as happy employees will appreciate your efforts and will praise you in front of others thus building a strong image of the company. It can boost recognition, consistency and also help in driving new well-skilled and qualified employees to the company.
- Reduced Absenteeism– Corporate wellness programs result in reduced absenteeism. Healthy employees are less likely to remain absent from work and will enjoy coming to the office every day. According to a survey by IFEBP, after implementing wellness programs in their companies, 50% of employers reported decreased absenteeism.
- Positive Work Environment- The corporate wellness program helps in building a vibrant office culture. These programs bring employees together and strengthen their relationships. A new survey by Virgin HealthMiles Inc. and Workforce Management Magazine showed that around 77% of employees think that employee wellness programs have a positive impact on the work culture.
- Higher Retention- These programs can help you tackle the problem of employee turnover, thus resulting in higher retention. If your program is effective then you are less likely to lose your employees. The survey by IFEBP also shows that after implementing wellness programs, around 67% of employers reported increased employee satisfaction, and 66% reported increased productivity.
The benefits of a corporate wellness program are innumerable. These programs not only help the employees but also the organizations as they have a direct, tangible effect on the productivity and profits of a company. Encouraging your employees to balance their work and home lives can have a profound impact on their job satisfaction and performance, enabling you to do what’s best and most effective for your company.
If you feel the need to empower your employees with our corporate wellness package, contact us here.
- Where I can get the best services for corporate wellness programs?
Corporate wellness programs promote a positive work environment in organizations that help employees to remain productive and happy. For best corporate wellness programs ideas you can contact Aanya Wellness that is one of the best wellness services providers in India. It helps organisations connect to relevant and engaging programs that enable the employees to make positive lifestyle choices and transformations that improve both their physical and psychological health. For online consultation on corporate wellness programs visit- www.aanyawellness.com
- What are the best corporate wellness programs ideas?
You can enhance your as well your organisations’ health by introducing numerous activities such as offering stress management programs, smoking cessation programs, yoga classes, on-site fitness centres, lunch and healthy skins, and many more. If you are looking for the best online platforms that can provide you with the best corporate wellness programs ideas then visit- firstname.lastname@example.org or call- 9999684121
- What are the benefits of corporate wellness programs for organizations?
Corporate wellness programs not only benefit employees but also organizations. These programs reduce absenteeism, boosts productivity, reduce healthcare cost, improve employees morale, and provide many other benefits. All these factors work for the betterment and growth of the organization. Thus, it can be said that investing in the health of the employees is the best decision an organization can take. For booking an online consultation with best wellness experts call- 9999684121 or visit- www.aanyawellness.com
- How does a corporate wellness program reduce the rate of absenteeism?
A corporate wellness program is aimed at improving the health and wellness of the employees. By engaging your employees in activities such as yoga, mediation, providing them with a healthy lunch, and encouraging them to avoid smoking or drinking, you can help them live a healthy lifestyle. This will keep them more active and healthy both mentally and physically. This, in turn, will make them less ill or sick, therefore, reducing the rate of absenteeism.
- How can I know if I need a corporate wellness program for my employees?
If you are experiencing that majority of your employees remain absent due to the health issues, then you must probably think of these programs. If you think that you are unable to make your employees stay longer in the company, if you think your employees are not happy, and they have mental health issues such as depression and anxiety then it is probably the time that you implement corporate wellness programs in your company. This will help them live a healthy and happy life.