Most diseases develop through the stomach, if the stomach is kept healthy then we can avoid many diseases. Eating too much and eating processed food interferes with the process of digestion and result in indigestion. Due to indigestion, body toxins, or “ama” gets accumulated in the stomach, which moreover lowers the body immunity and your body becomes more prone to diseases. Due to this, the digestive fire becomes weak and we suffer from bloating, internal coldness, low energy, mental/emotional weakness and illness. If you suffer from indigestion or other digestive problems, then Hingwashtak Churna can prove to be a panacea for your problems.
How to prepare Hingwashtak churna at home?
This can be prepared at home easily by using ingredients that can be easily found inside your kitchen:
- Dry ginger powder – 1 teaspoon
- Long pepper powder (Pipli) – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Ajwain or carom seed powder – 1 teaspoon
- Rock salt– 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seed powder or jeera powder – 1 teaspoon
- Black cumin seed or Kala jeera powder – 1 teaspoon
- Pure asafoetida powder or hing powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cow’s ghee
Take all the ingredients and mix well. And, that’s it, your Hingwashtak powder is ready. This powder can be stored for up to 6 months in a dry and airtight container
Dosage of Hingwashtak churna
The recommended dosage for this churna is 1-3 grams. Take half a teaspoon with warm water before a meal. You can also mix Hingwashtak Churna with cow’s ghee. But remember it should be taken an empty stomach or before a meal. You can also consult your doctor before taking it.
Uses/benefits of Hingwashtak churna?
- It is mainly used for problems related to indigestion (gas, constipation, loose motions, hiccups)
- Ignites digestive fire and burns away toxins and metabolic waste.
- It helps increase the absorption of nutrients. And reduce cramps and bloating.
- It’s great for loss of appetite, low metabolism, obesity.
- It relieves asthma and bronchitis.
- Increases metabolic rate and corrects digestion.
What are the effects of Hingwashtak Churna? (Side effects, suggestions, warnings)
- It is a safe medicine to consume as it is basically a mix of spices and salt. But should be taken as per the recommended dosage.
- It may cause acidity and irritation and you may also experience a slight burning sensation if taken in excess. It is not recommended for people suffering from high blood pressure and kidney disorders.
- It works differently for a different person. Its effectiveness depends on the age, strength, digestive power etc.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children. And if you are giving it to children, only give in small quantities.
- It is highly advised to not take this during pregnancy; it produces excess heat in the body.
Hingwashtak churna is an ancient Ayurvedic remedy used for increasing digestion and relieving disturbances in the gut. This digestive aid will decrease unwanted symptoms such as gas, bloating, cramping, hiccups and pain in the abdomen and constipation.
Hingwashtak is used by a number of people due to its ability to enhance digestion, increase absorption of nutrients and burn away toxins. So, try this remedy and let us know if it worked for you in our comment section.